Recreation & Attractions
Located on the Fox River, Princeton is minutes away from Green Lake, Lake Puckaway, and White Lake, and just a short drive on picturesque country roads from dozens of other lakes and trout streams.
• Princeton is located in the heart of Wisconsin's finest deer, duck, and goose hunting country.
• The area is a delight for watching wildlife. Hiking trails are nearby, and three major public wildlife refuges are within a short drive. Hundreds of species of birds can be seen, and you can even visit a bison ranch just north of town.
• Swimming, boating and canoeing, horseback riding, fine dining, and cross-country ski and snowmobile trails are all available in the area.
• Four fine golf courses, along with several driving ranges and miniature golf courses, can be found within ten miles of downtown.
Take delight in discovering Princeton’s local treasures.
• Relive the history of the area. The Princeton Historical Society invites you to step back in time. Visit Stone House Museum, the Warnke Building or take a guided walking tour of the downtown. You will come to cherish our beginnings and understand why we are what we are today.
• Capture the "just picked" freshness of fruits and vegetables. Orchards, roadside stands and farmers markets sell the best of what nature has to offer during the growing season.
• Browse "Wisconsin’s Largest Weekly Outdoor Flea Market" featuring over 175 booths every week. Our market is held every Saturday (Late April through late October, in our tree-shaded City Park, and attracts thousands of shoppers weekly. Admission and parking are free. Enjoy food, refreshments and visits with great friends.
• Take in some art and culture by visiting the areas galleries and Thrasher Opera House.
W5465 Losinski Road, Princeton, WI 54968
View this magnificent animal known as the American Bison. Personal tours anytime we’re home; groups need reservations. We offer individual boneless cuts of bison meat and sausage products, ideal for people with heart or cholesterol problems. Take Hwy 73 north 1 mile, turn left on Cty. Y ¼ mile. Watch for signs.
Lake Arrowhead Campground
W781 Fox Ct., Montello, WI 53949
(email@example.com – not in guide)
Our clean bathrooms and well-kept facilities are only a couple of reasons people keep coming back. Relax in our heated outdoor pool and kiddie pool or check out our beach and boat launch on Lake Puckaway. Grab a snack from our fully stocked convenience store and enjoy themed weekends. We also rent boats, pontoons, bikes, golf carts and cabins.
Stars and Strikes
435 W. Water Street, Princeton, WI 54968
PO Box 134, Princeton, WI 54968
You haven’t seen Princeton until you’ve stopped by its classic 50’s style 4-lane bowling alley. From our annual chili competition to monthly tournaments, big things are always happening. Ideal for family reunions, birthdays and private events. Visa/Master Card accepted.
Tuscumbia Country Club
680 Illinois Ave, Green Lake, WI 54968
PO Box 473, Green Lake, WI 54941
680 North Restaurant at Tuscumbia Country Club is a beautiful log and glass clubhouse serving daily lunch and dinner, Sunday breakfast buffet and brunch. Spacious bar and lounge that welcomes their members as well as the public. A perfect place to host your golf outing, wedding, class reunion and rehearsal dinners.
White Lake Country Club
W1680 Country Club Drive, Montello, WI 53949
7 miles west of Princeton of Highway 23. Par 72/18 hole 200+ acre glacier land – hills, woods, ponds, sand traps, golf legs, water hazards, significant elevation changes, watered, clubhouse, pro shop, power carts and club rental, bar, sandwiches, play & stay packages, home sites available. Open daily.